Hello and welcome! I am a Professor of Psychology and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the State of Illinois. I have a Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy. Learn more about me in my interview for IAFMT here.I recently did a reddit Ask Me Anything (AMA) with a colleague to promote our program Choosing the Childfree or Parenting Lifestyle (CCOPL). We had an amazing dialog with reddit users. You can read the entire discussion here. You can read more about CCOPL in the press.
Recent Articles I was quoted in
- 7 pointers for couples to prevent and resolve misunderstandings
- 3 tips to find a good couples therapist
- Couple time: making connection a priority
- Seven tips on becoming a better listener
- This Valentine's Day: Beyond Red Roses
- Men who work too much, and the women who love them
- Coping with fear and loss: Parenting strategies for difficult times
- Holiday survival tips for couples
- Baby…Maybe? Contemplating parenthood
- Free Download: A New Treatment for Depression
- Facebook: Friend or Foe?
- Emotional Safety for Children: Viewing images of trauma
- The Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Support Group
- The Japan Earthquake: Trauma and its Treatment
- Our Child, Us and I
- Mental health needs of children
- Love around the World
- Why do couples get divorced?
- Survival kit for children of divorce
- Getting your kids to listen and talk
- Depression and Families
- In the midst of family fights...
- Whose money is it anyway?
|My new book Multicultural Couple Therapyis now available!||Also: my previous book Voices of Color|